NEW Open House Information! Please read!
Dear Tabb Elementary Families,
We hope you have enjoyed a relaxing and fun-filled summer. We have planned an exciting year and look forward to seeing all of you soon. This letter will provide you with important information regarding the opening of the new school year.
As you know Tabb Elementary has been undergoing extensive renovations, which includes a beautiful new front office, security vestibule, heating and air conditioning unit, lights, and redesigned bathrooms. The renovation project is scheduled to be split over two years. Next summer the new roof will be completed and new windows will be installed as well as cabinets and countertops in the classrooms.
Teachers are planning to call and introduce themselves to each student in their classroom throughout the day on Wednesday, August 29th. The construction work at the school is finishing up this week so we are adjusting plans for Open House. Open House will be held at Tabb Middle School on Thursday, August 30th. Families with last names beginning A-L are invited to attend between 4:00-5:00PM and families with last names beginning M-Z are invited to visit between 5:00-6:00PM. Students should plan to bring their school supplies during the first week of school, rather than Open House. Some of the important activities planned for this time include the following:
- Families will be able to meet teachers
- Transportation team members will be available to answer questions
- PTA will be on hand to share membership benefits, volunteer opportunities, and sell spirit wear
- Sodexo Food Services will be available for breakfast/lunch account set up and menus
- Champions will be available to answer questions about before/after school care
Due to the change of venue for our Open House, we will be altering our first day procedures to allow everyone an opportunity to see their new classrooms and the exciting changes within the school. Families wishing to walk students to classrooms may do so on Tuesday morning. Additionally, the following changes will be in effect for Tuesday, September 4th. Families are encouraged to plan accordingly.
- There will not be a morning car rider drop-off line. Families are asked to park and walk students to the front of the building.
- Overflow parking will be available at the church, which is located across the street from the school. Officers from the York-Poquoson Sherriff’s Department will be available to assist families with crossing the street.
- Families are welcome to come in and walk students to class on this first day. We plan to begin class at 9:15.
- All families are asked to enter through the front doors of the school.
- Tabb Elementary Staff and staff members from the school board office will be positioned around the school and throughout the hallways to assist students as they transition to their classroom. TES staff will be wearing orange t-shirts and school board office staff will be wearing navy blue shirts with the YCSD logo.
- Students may bring school supplies on the first day of school or families may choose to drop them off during the first week of school.
We look forward to seeing all of our Tabb families soon.