Holly Reeves, BSN, RN
Phone: 757-867-5301 Fax: 877-829-0311
- All students mush have a pass from their teacher to enter the clinic during class time unless it is an emergency. Students must log into the clinic the time they arrive and the time they leave so that we have a record of the number of visits made to the clinic. The attendance office will be notified of any early dismissals and they will be added to the absentee list.
- Annual Health Update Cards will go home with students the first day of school. This should be kept current as it is our quickest source of information in case of emergencies.
- Whenever possible, medication should be taken at home. However, the clinic understands there are times when medication must be taken at school. Students are not allowed to keep oral medication with them. All oral medication, whether it is prescription or over the counter, must be kept in the clinic and administered by the nurse. The medication must be in its original container with the student’s name on the medication container. The written permission form, which can be obtained in the clinic, must be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian before medication can be administered. *Phone permission is not allowed for medication dispensing. Any medication not in its original container will be confiscated and kept in the clinic until student’s parent/guardian can pick it up. The nurse can only administer medication according to the directions on the container. If the student takes more medication than directions state, a physician’s order must be obtained and given to the nurse. All prescription medication must be in its original container with the student’s name, medication, dosage, time of medication dispensing, and doctor’s name. All oral medication must be brought to school by the parent/guardian. Students are NOT allowed to transport medication to school.
- Asthma inhalers may be carried with students for self-administration once the physician’s permission form is completed. Forms for self-administration of asthma inhalers are kept in the clinic and must be signed by a doctor and parent.
- EpiPens may be carried with students for self-administration once the physician’s permission form is completed: EpiPen Permission Form . EpiPens stored in the clinic and not retrieved before the last school day will be discarded at the end of the school year per YCSD guidelines.
- Parents may write a note excusing their student from PE due to illness or injury for up two classes. A physician’s note is required when lack of participation exceeds two PE classes. Gym notes must be brought to the clinic before taken to their gym teacher, preferably first thing in the morning.
- Click on the link below for a current list of immunizations required in Virginia: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/epidemiology/immunization/requirements.htm