School Counseling Vision and Beliefs
VISION: Students of the York County School Division's comprehensive school counseling program are equipped with the academic, career and social/emotional skills necessary to contribute positively to their local and global community. Our students are college and career ready and possess the skills necessary to be successful 21st century lifelong learners. They effectively demonstrate cultural awareness and appreciation of the unique contributions of others.
- All students are capable of achievement and continuous growth.
- All students learn best in an environment that fosters meaningful connections.
- All students have access to a comprehensive school counseling program implemented by a licensed professional school counselor.
- All students achieve academic, career and social/emotional success when given appropriate instruction in a safe and secure environment.
- School Counseling programs are developmentally appropriate in accordance with the Virginia state standards and align with American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success.
- Data is analyzed to create, implement, evaluate and continuously improve school counseling programs.
- School counselors support and promote a climate that fosters kindness and effective communication through character education and school-wide initiatives.
- School counselors will adhere to ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors to make informed decisions for students' well-being and academic success.
- School counselors collaborate alongside stakeholders within the school and community to encourage students to become responsible and productive citizens.
- School counselors have access to ongoing professional development and are involved in professional organizations.
- School counselors believe in the value each individual contributes in creating a culturally diverse enviornment.
If you have questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Mrs. Angie Gentry
Guidance Fax: 877-829-0314
Mrs. Laura Sanlorenzo
6th grade Counselor