As parents/guardians, you have a choice when it comes to your child’s education for the 2020-21 school year. If you do not want your child(ren) to participate in the Flexible Framework models (Option 1), you will be able to sign up for a Virtual Academy (Option 2) that will span grades PreK through 12.
The Family Commitment Form will be open from July 27 through August 4 to record parent/guardian selections. By completing this form for each child, you will help the division properly plan to address possible staffing and curriculum constraints within either option.
The Family Commitment Form will ask parents and guardians to:
- select between Options 1 (Flexible Framework) and Option 2 (YCSD Virtual Academy),
- identify transportation needs for when on-site learning occurs, and
- select how they will participate in the 1:1 Technology Program (division-provided device or personal device).
We know that making a decision for your child(ren) will be one of the most difficult choices you will make as a family. To help you in making an informed choice, we have included two resources below – a Making the Choice information sheet with considerations for Options 1 and 2, and a link to more information about the 1:1 Technology Program.
The Family Commitment Form is located on Rycor, an online management system, which can prepopulate certain student information for families thereby improving the process for both families and staff. If you do not have an existing account, instructions for creating an account are provided below – please note, you will need your child’s student ID number for this process. If you/your child do not know this number, your child’s school will be able to provide it for you.
Form Submission Notes:
- Completing the form and clicking “Add to Cart” does not complete the form. You have to go to the cart and confirm the submission for it to be submitted to YCSD. (instructions are at the bottom of the form)
- Once the form has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with an attached PDF. This email will come from StudentQuickPay.com
- If you have multiple students, you will have to click on their name, fill out the form, and then add to cart for each student. Once you have done this for each student, then you can go to the cart and confirm submission for all students at the same time.
- You have to create a parent account first and then link it to your students. This is not your Aspen account credentials.
- Students may not submit this form for themselves unless they are 18 years old or older.