Aspen Family Resources
Aspen is the official student information system and gradebook for York County School Division. This online tool allows you to monitor your child's progress in school. It gives you instant access to your child's grades and other information anytime and anywhere you have Internet access.
As a parent/guardian, you can:
- View the most current information about your student's academic performance, such as grades and quarterly averages.
- See student schedules.
- Access daily and class attendance information.
- Review family information, such as emergency contacts.
- Request optional automatic notification of attendance and grades.
Canvas Family Resources
Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) for York County School Division. Designed specifically for K-12 teachers and students, Canvas is an easy-to-use, cloud-based LMS that connects all the digital tools and resources teachers and students use daily.
- Teachers can post all their class content in one place, including a calendar for due dates, links to class resources like videos, posted homework assignments (and a drop-box for turning it in), etc.
- Students can see all their assignments, due dates, and class materials in one place. They can turn in assignments and see teacher feedback.
Parents have access to Canvas as an "observer" in each class. Observers have limited permissions to see course assignments, grades, class calendars, and more. Like students, Observers will not be able to view a course until it is published and the course has started.
Please note that the official YCSD gradebook will continue to be located in Aspen. Grades in Canvas may not reflect the final grade for a course.