Thomas Nelson Community College Apprenticeships – TNCC offers apprenticeship programs in different occupations. Current Apprenticeship programs include:
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- National Center for Welding - Welding Education, United State
Apprenticeship Week/Month Activities
Workforce Development Programs
Thomas Nelson Community College Workforce Development Programs– Quality training specifically designed to meet the changing technical requirements for today’s jobs. Includes accelerated workforce training, certification programs, and on-line classes. Often these programs can be completed in as little as a few weeks or months depending on the program. (Please note: Workforce Development Programs are not eligible for Federal Student Aid.)
- Manufacturing and Trade Skills – Prepare for a career in Basic Electrical, Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) Machining, Fiber Optics Installer, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), OSHA, Welding and more!
- Cyber Security & Computer Training
- Career Readiness Certificate – Assessment-based credential valued by 60+ area quality employers.
- Healthcare Programs – Earning your certificate is the first step to finding a rewarding career in the medical field! Programs include Hands-on Caregiver Class, Medication Aide, Healthcare Information Technology Office Specialist, Nurse-Aid, Pharmacy Technician and Personal Fitness Trainer.
New Horizons Center for Apprenticeship and Adult Training– Includes training for Automotive Mechanic, Carpenter, Electrician, HVAC Mechanic, Machinist, Welder and more! Check out their coarse catalog!
Private Vocational Institutions Certified to Operate in Virginia
TNCC HVAC Opportunities
Click Here for information on TNCC's HVAC opportunities and options for transfer to pursue a 4-year's Bachelor's Degree in HVACR at Ferris State University.