COVID-19 Case Status Dashboard
The York County School Division developed a COVID-19 Case Status Dashboard to provide information regarding the impact of COVID-19 since the division resumed in-person instruction and student activities. With all school campuses now providing either in-person instruction and/or onsite student activities, the division has expanded the COVID-19 Dashboard to include information for each school. This information is also now updated by 5 p.m. daily Monday-Friday.
What the data reflects:
Positive Cases – students or staff members who are in isolation for 10 days due to a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 from a medical professional (suspected or “COVID-like” illnesses are not included) AND are learning or working onsite.
Quarantine – Beginning February 16, 2021, the division adopted revised standards for staff and students identified as close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Rather than a 14-day quarantine, close contacts will be able to complete the quarantine protocols in 10 days provided they remain symptom free. While the CDC issued guidance allowing this reduced quarantine period in December, the division chose to wait to implement these standards until transmission rates declined. (Members of a household in which a case-positive individual is isolated may be required to quarantine longer if complete separation cannot be achieved.)
What the data does not reflect:
Individuals who are absent from work or home due to other illnesses or who, for personal reasons, have elected to remain at home as a precautionary measure when they have not been officially identified as a close contact. (Prior to 11/9/20, this report did include some individuals who reported a quarantine status while test reults were pending, but have since been determined to received an alternate diagnosis or negative test result.)
Reporting and Response Protocol:
Division staff have identified procedure and actions to respond to reports of positive COVID-19 diagnoses of students or staff members when an individual is participating in a division program, activity, or workplace.
Each individual’s health information is a private matter. No one should publicly declare another employee or student as sick.
The division has protocols for notifying families and/or staff of positive case of COVID-19 to ensure they receive accurate information and instructions.
To protect individual privacy, notifications will not identify anyone by name or contain information that could be used to identify them.
COVID-19 Case Dashboard
How To Use
- Filter by School/Building: Select a school/building to see cases per school or location. You may select more than one to see combined results.
- Filter by Date: Use the slider to select a date range or enter in a specific date range.
- Filter by Type: Use the squares on the left side for all cases per school level. You may select more than one to see combined results. Click on the square again to deselect.
- Click on the bar graph to see which schools reported cases on a particular day.
- Sort by clicking on the column headers (building, model, active cases, positive cases, quarantine school exposure, quarantine community exposure) on the right side list.
- Click RESET VISUALS to refresh the data.
- Click on the arrows at the bottom to toggle between the two dashboards.
For mobile devices, open the dashboard in a separate window (rotate landscape)