Teacher Scholarships are designed to support York County teachers with their continued professional development and education by defraying the costs incurred to attend workshops, conferences, college courses, or national board certification.
Persons Eligible to Apply for Scholarships
The grants are awarded on a competitive basis and any teacher with at least two (2) years of continuous service with the York County School Division may apply.
All eligible proposals must ensure the following:
- The conference, workshop and/or accredited College/University course features researched-based instructional strategies and/or effective use of educational technology.
- The conference, workshop, or course has been approved by my supervisor.
- I have included the conference/workshop flyer or course description.
- I have included a one-page personally written letter that addresses in separate paragraphs each of the following topics:
- Explain how you have used researched-based instructional strategies or educational technology in your classroom recently and how you have shared these practices with others. Provide examples.
- Describe the conference, class or workshop you plan to attend and its relevance to your repertoire of teaching strategies. What are your reasons for attending the conference or taking the class? What do you hope to learn? Is it part of your professional development plan?
- Explain your need for the scholarship. Will the scholarship funds be used for conference fees, course tuition, travel expenses, room and board, and/or materials and supplies?
- Discuss how you plan to share the new information you attained in your workshop, class or conference with other teachers in your schoolI have included nine (9) copies of the application that are not handwritten or incomplete (Pages 2 & 3)
Award of Funds
There are sixteen (16) $650 scholarships available for the 2020-2021 school year.