Apprenticeships and Workforce Training
Newport News Shipbuilding Apprentice School would like to invite our students to attend the FORWARD (Future Opportunities Reaching the Workforce Apprentice Readiness and Development) pre-apprenticeship experience event on Saturday, October 29th at 8:30-11:30am. Must sign up by Sunday, October 23rd. Link: https://www.as.edu/
Thomas Nelson Community College Apprenticeships – TNCC offers apprenticeship programs in different occupations. Current Apprenticeship programs include:
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard Apprentice Program - Students participate in a rigorous training program, which combines TCC's academic classes with NNSY’s trade theory training and on-the-job learning experience.
- New Horizons Center for Apprenticeship and Adult Training – Provides Apprenticeship related instruction for the VA Community College System and works closely with the Department of Labor.
- BAE Systems Apprenticeship– Ship Repair, Norfolk, VA
- National Center for Welding - Welding Education, United State
Apprenticeship Week/Month Activities
Workforce Development Programs
Thomas Nelson Community College Workforce Development Programs– Quality training specifically designed to meet the changing technical requirements for today’s jobs. Includes accelerated workforce training, certification programs, and on-line classes. Often these programs can be completed in as little as a few weeks or months depending on the program. (Please note: Workforce Development Programs are not eligible for Federal Student Aid.)
New Horizons Center for Apprenticeship and Adult Training– Includes training for Automotive Mechanic, Carpenter, Electrician, HVAC Mechanic, Machinist, Welder and more! Check out their coarse catalog!