Apprenticeships & Workforce Training
Thomas Nelson Community College Apprenticeships – TNCC offers apprenticeship programs in different occupations. Current Apprenticeship programs include:
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- New Horizons Center for Apprenticeship and Adult Training – Provides Apprenticeship related instruction for the VA Community College System and works closely with the Department of Labor.
- BAE Systems Apprenticeship – Ship Repair, Norfolk, VA
- National Center for Welding - Welding Education, United States
- The Southeast Maritime and Transportation Center - The Southeast Maritime and Transportation (SMART) Center is a National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technological Education (ATE) Center in the maritime and transportation industry. Check out this website for training and career opportunities.
Workforce Development Programs
Thomas Nelson Community College Workforce Development Programs– Quality training specifically designed to meet the changing technical requirements for today’s jobs. Includes accelerated workforce training, certification programs, and on-line classes. Often these programs can be completed in as little as a few weeks or months depending on the program. (Please note: Workforce Development Programs are not eligible for Federal Student Aid.)
- Manufacturing and Construction Trades - Quickly gain national certification and credentials in Broadband Fiber Optics, HVAC, Trades Electrician, Facilities Maintenance, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) Machining, and Welding. OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 certification is also available.
- Cybersecurity & Technology
- Healthcare Programs – Earning your certificate is the first step to finding a rewarding career in the medical field! Programs include Hands-on Caregiver Class, Medication Aide, Healthcare Information Technology Office Specialist, Nurse-Aid, Pharmacy Technician and Personal Fitness Trainer.
- Transportation and Licensing