- Dresses, skirts, shorts, athletic shorts, or other similar clothing must be at least mid-thigh in length (typically mid-thigh would be below the tip of the thumb when placed at sides – arms straight with palms down). We want students to be comfortable however, when students sit or bend over, their buttocks should not be exposed.
- All pants must be worn at the natural waistline.
- Ripped/distressed pants with loose hanging fabric, rips/holes over the buttocks or that expose undergarments will not be permitted.
- All pants/shorts/bottoms should not pose a safety hazard.
- Shirts must cover torso (including back) and midriff. Muscle shirts, tube tops, halter tops, or shirts with spaghetti straps may not be worn during the school day.
- Shirt material may not expose anything being worn as an undergarment.
- Hats, caps, hoods, bandannas and sunglasses may not be during the school day. Headwear may be worn for educational, religious, or medical purposes, or if the headgear has a necessary function (e.g., headbands).
- Footwear must be worn at all times. Safety considerations may dictate the type of footwear worn in specific classes or school settings.
Students’ clothing, haircuts, tattoos or other accessories may not display any of the following:
- Pictures of tobacco products
- Obscene, lewd, or profane words
- Inflammatory racial statements that can be perceived as gang affiliated
- Other prohibited expressions as outlined by the principal
Violation of the student dress code regulation will subject the student to disciplinary action by the school’s administration per the Student Handbook and Conduct Code.