William & Mary School of Education Center for Gifted Education is offering their Virtual Summer Enrichment Program for K-12 Students.
Registration Closes June 3rd
Session 1 runs from June 20-24
Session 2 runs from June 27-July 1
Requirements for New Applicants:
1. Test scores
Students who have scored in the 95th percentile or above on a nationally normed aptitude or achievement test are
eligible. Application test scores at the 95th percentile or better must be in at least one of the following areas: reading
comprehension, vocabulary, language total, math total, math concepts, math problem-solving, science, social studies,
or the composite. Contact your child’s school to determine if it has participated in a qualified test (examples below) and
if the scores may be made available to you.
2. Student Recommendation
3. Completed program application forms via Campsite and all required documentation.
4. Payment via SEP Payment Portal
Visit the website and view the Brochure for additional information!
Black College Institute (BCI), a residential academic summer program for rising seniors & a virtual experience for rising juniors. Applications are due April 1, 2022, at 11:59 PM (EST).
There is no cost to apply or attend this summer program (in-person or virtually).
Please visit the website for more information:
To learn more visit: https://www.valhen.org/
The application deadline has been extended to April 18th, 2021. Please continue to share this virtual 2021 HCI opportunity with your students. We will provide a meaningful experience that will expose students to the amazing opportunities that HCI has to offer, including peer mentorship, college access programing, networking opportunities, and a commitment to the Latinx experience in higher education.
The Virginia Latino Higher Education Network's (VALHEN) Hispanic College Institute (HCI) is a FREE 3-day, virtual program that gives rising juniors and seniors in high school the opportunity to learn about the college admissions process while meeting Latinx professionals and engaging with Latinx College Students from all over the Commonwealth of Virginia. There is NO COST to the student to attend this virtual program.
The Hispanic College Institute will be held on July 15th through July 17th, 2021.
Benefits of attending HCI:
- Engagement with various academic disciplines through workshops and panels.
- Engagement with Virginia Tech and various other colleges and universities.
- Workshops on navigating and completing the college application process, applying for scholarships and financial aid.
- Learn about resources available to Latinx Virginia high school students.
- Gain mentorship and community.
- Scholarship opportunities.
Student applications are OPEN NOW!
Application closes: April 18th, 2021
Notification of acceptance: May 2021
Requirements to apply:
- 2.5 GPA or above
- Rising junior or senior
- Enrolled full-time in a Virginia high school
For more information visit: https://sites.temple.edu/care/se_pentest/
Due: April 15th at 6 pm
The application deadline for the Summer Academy for Math and Science, AI4All @ Carnegie Mellon, Computer Science Scholars program, and all applicants requesting scholarship consideration is March 10.
Students may apply for the program at https://apply-precollege.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/apply/
Carnegie Mellon's Pre-College Programs in the fine arts are six-week residential experiences that provide high school students with the opportunity to develop their skills in a conservatory or studio setting. For years, Carnegie Mellon has been recognized for the quality of education that is provided within our College of Fine Arts. Through the Pre-College program, high school students have access to this instruction and mentorship from full-time faculty members.
Our summer Pre-College program options in the fine arts include the following:
- Architecture, provides students architectural experience within the studio, supported by integrated coursework in analog drawing, digital media, seminars and workshops.
- Art, where students will hone their craft through challenging courses, critique, workshops, and portfolio development.
- Design, for students who would like to receive a foundation of Design skills through studio learning, lectures, and critiques.
- Drama, for students who would like to build their audition repertoire and portfolio with acclaimed faculty.
- Music, where students participate in a conservatory-style curriculum and experience life within a research university.
Students may apply for the program here.