What to do if your son or daughter has been absent:
A note with the student's full name and signed by the parent or guardian, stating a valid reason for the absence, must be presented to the attendance office the day following an absence.
How does a student get the class work missed while out sick?Make-up work is the responsibility of the student. Students are expected to ask their teachers for work they missed and to complete it as directed by the teacher. Counselors may be contacted to obtain assignments if the student has an absence of three or more days.
Can a student get an early dismissal from school? Yes, requests for early dismissal must include the time, reason, and parent's telephone number; must be signed by the parent or guardian; and must be brought to the attendance office prior to the beginning of classes. Students must sign out in the attendance office at the time of early dismissal. Failure to do so will result in an unexcused absence from any classes missed.
You may contact the attendance secretary, at 898-0543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance PolicyStudents are expected to attend school every day and be on time unless there is illness or death in the immediate family. Students are responsible for bringing to school a note (within 24 hours) from a parent and/or legal guardian indicating the reason/s for the absence. A physicians note may be required.
It is possible to obtain a parking permit on a daily basis. To find out if any parking is still available stop in the attendance office the day before you need the space.
Parking applications have already been accepted for the 2018-2019 School Year! Applications were for rising Seniors (Class of 2019) only, students who will be Juniors or Sophomores are not eligible for parking passes. Students who will be getting the parking permits will be offered several dates and times in August 2018 to come to the GHS Attendance Office and pay to receive the decal.
- If your student does not have a license or a car now but should have one in the fall, please submit an application now. The student’s name will be placed on the waiting list.
- Passes for those on the waiting list will be sold after the 2nd week of school (Sept. 16th).
- Students in Marketing or Career Mentorship should not submit this application. A separate application will be available through the classroom teachers of these programs.
- Governor’s School Mentorship or SOA Mentorship students should pick up a different application from the Attendance office.
- Applications will be distributed to rising seniors during English 11 and AP English 11 – no later than 6/11/18.
- Applications can be printed out from this site and/or be picked up in the attendance office.
- Applications should be submitted no later than 6/18/18.
- Parking fees for Senior Parking are $100 for the year or $50 per semester. Any portion of the 2nd semester will cost $50.
Forms The student handbook has several forms parents and students are required to complete. Please make sure that you have returned these forms to the school.