• AP Score Reporting Information

    Score Reporting Services




    As an AP student, you will automatically receive an AP Score Report by mail that lists your cumulative AP Exam scores and any colleges to which your scores were sent. You can also find information about score reporting services in the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents and in your AP Student Pack.

    The score reporting services listed below are available to students:

    AP Automated Score Reporting Services:

    • Scores by Phone: Receive your score by phone
    • Additional Score Reports by Phone: Send your score to additional colleges by phone

    Other score reporting services:

    • Score withholding
    • Score cancellation
    • Free-response booklets
    • Multiple-Choice Rescore Service
    • Archived AP scores

    AP Automated Score Reporting Services

    You can hear your exam scores and send your scores to additional colleges by phone with our AP Automated Score Reporting Services. Scores by Phone and Additional Score Reports by Phone are available beginning July 1 and are payable by credit card only.

    • Scores by Phone:
      You can receive your AP Exam scores over the phone by using the AP Scores by Phone service. The fee is $8 per call.
    • Additional Score Reports by Phone
      You can send your scores to additional colleges by phone. The fee is $15 per college. Requests generally take one week to process from the date they are received. Rush reports are processed within two working days and are available for $25 per college. Note: You may also order additional score reports by contacting AP Services by mail or fax (see below for contact information) or by filling out and returning the College Information Card on the back of your AP Student Pack.

    AP Automated Score Reporting Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the following numbers:

    • 1-888-308-0013 (toll free in the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada)
    • 1-609-771-7366 (outside of the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada)

    You can also use the AP Automated Score Reporting Services to send your scores from prior years to colleges, up to four years from the date of the previous AP Exam. (For exam scores older than four years, requests need to be made in writing; please see Archived AP Scores, below.)

    You will need the following information before calling:

    • AP number. Your AP number can be found in your AP Student Pack or score report. Important: A removable card is provided in your AP Student Pack to help you keep a record of your AP number. We encourage you to save your AP number card and AP Student Pack in the event that you wish to access AP Automated Score Reporting Services.
    • Social security number, if you provided this on your answer sheet
    • Date of birth
    • Exam year that corresponds with your AP number
    • The appropriate four-digit college code(s), if you're requesting to send scores to colleges. College codes can be found in your AP Student Pack or online by searching for the college at the College Board Code Search page.
    • A valid credit card number (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa)

    Getting College Credit

    You can earn credit and/or placement at most colleges and universities in the United States, and in more than 60 other countries, through qualifying AP Exam scores. At many of these institutions, you may earn up to a full year of college credit (sophomore standing) by earning a sufficient number of qualifying AP Exam scores.

    Individual colleges and universities, not the College Board or the AP Program, grant course credit and placement. Because policies vary by institution, you should obtain a college's AP policy in writing. You can find this information in the institution's catalogue or on its Web site,

    Colleges that have received your AP score report will generally notify you during the summer of any placement, credit, and/or exemption you have earned. You can also contact the college's admission office to find out the status of your AP credit and/or placement.

    Other score reporting services

    The services listed below can be ordered by contacting AP Services:

    AP Services
    P.O. Box 6671
    Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
    Phone: (609) 771-7300 or (888) 225-5427 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)

    When requesting these score reporting services from AP Services, you should include the following information with each of your requests:

    • The score reporting service(s) you are requesting
    • Your full name, home address, sex, date of birth, AP number(s), and social security number
    • Each year that you took an AP Exam
    • A credit card number and expiration date, or a check or money order for the exact amount due (make checks and money orders payable to AP Exams)
    • When requesting additional score reports: the name, city and state, and four-digit college code(s) of the college(s) you would like to receive the report
    • When requesting score withholding, score cancellation, multiple-choice rescoring, or the your original free-response booklets: the name(s) of the exam(s) to which the request applies

    Score Withholding

    You may have one or more scores withheld from the report sent to the college you indicated on your answer sheet. To have a score withheld from the indicated college, AP Services must receive your written, signed request by mail or fax by June 15 accompanied by a $10 fee per score, per college. If your request is not received by June 15, the score is automatically sent to the college indicated on your answer sheet.

    The score will be withheld from any future score reports sent to that particular college. You may later release the score to that college by sending AP Services a signed written request.

    If you later decide to send an AP score report to a different college, however, you need to contact AP Services to have the score withheld from that score report.

    A request to withhold a score does not permanently delete your score, and all exam scores, even those withheld from score reports sent to colleges, are sent to you and your school.

    Score Cancellation

    Score cancellation deletes an AP Exam score permanently from your records. Scores may be canceled at any time. However, for scores not to appear on the current year's score report, AP services must receive a signed, written request by mail or fax by June 15. Please complete the Score Cancellation Form (.pdf/113KB) and return it to the address or fax number indicated. While there is no fee for this service, your exam fee is not refunded. The score report that you and your school receive will indicate that the score has been canceled.