The safety of the school environment where your children spend much of their day is our top priority. We work in partnership with national, state, and local safety officials - police, fire, emergency medical services, and public health - in order to ensure our schools are well prepared for an emergency.
Directions for Completing the Survey Card
PART I – Student Information
- Verify all preprinted information is correct. If any information is incorrect, write-in the correct information.
- Line 11 -- Check YES or NO as to whether or not you live on Federal Property. (If NO, skip to PART II)
- Line 12 – If YES, indicate which federal property you reside on.
PART II – Federally Connected Parent or Federally Connected Legal Guardian Information
Only the federally connected parent/guardian completes PART II. This includes active duty military (uniformed services), foreign officer or accredited foreign official, as well as GS DoD civilian employees and contractors currently working on federal property. If both parents are federally connected, only one parent needs to fill out the form. If neither parent is federally connected, simply sign and date the card at the bottom.
- Line 13 – PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S NAME – Name of federally connected parent/guardian
- Line 15 – NAME OF EMPLOYER
- For uniformed service, provide the name of the branch of service or foreign government and branch of service.
- For GS DoD civilian employees enter the building name or Department of Defense (DoD) or military branch for whom the parent/guardian is employed, i.e., Department of Air Force, Department of Army, Department of Navy, etc.
- For contractors provide the name of your employer, i.e., Northrop Grumman, Johnson Controls, EG Middleton, Balfour Beatty Community, etc.
- Line 17 –Pay Grade, if Active Duty Military or Foreign Military Officer, pay grade (rank) must be E1-E9, W1-W5 or O1‑O10. DO NOT submit a rating title, i.e., electricians mate, etc.
- Line 19 – If you completed information on Line 13-18, check the corresponding federal property where you are employed. The federal addresses listed are the gate addresses. If your federal property is not listed, check Other and provide the name of the federal property along with the complete mailing address (gate address).
Please sign and date the card. Ensure the date that you provide is on or after the survey date at the top of the card. Please return the card to your school by Friday October 12, 2018.