New Traffic Plan for Daily Drop-off & Pick up
Dear Seaford Families,
Over the first weeks of school, Seaford Elementary School staff have worked to improve student drop-off and pickup processes through collaboration with our families and the York Poquoson Sheriff’s Office (YPSO). We are pleased to share a new partner in our efforts to improve traffic for buses, families and our Seaford community – Seaford Baptist Church.
Beginning Monday, September 27th, we will implement a new traffic pattern to access the SES, using the Seaford Baptist Church parking lot, to alleviate congestion on Seaford Road. Details of the plan are listed below and a map is attached to help illustrate the new traffic pattern for vehicle drop off and pick up.
- ALL drop-off/pickup vehicles must enter the Seaford Baptist Church parking lot through the church’s east entrance prior. Vehicles dropping off will not be permitted to park in the SES parking lot or pull into the loop in front of the school early. All vehicles must enter the Seaford Baptist Church lot.
- Vehicles will proceed through the driveway to a place in the queue line at the church’s west entrance closest to SES.
- Vehicles will be directed by YPSO deputies when to proceed to the SES entrance as space allows.
- When entering the SES parking lot, vehicles will follow the same procedures we have been using all year.
- Vehicles will receive direction to exit SES; vehicles will be able to turn right or left.
Students being dropped off for the Right at School child care program may continue to enter through the east entrance up until 8:15 a.m. No other non-staff vehicles may enter the Seaford loop directly from Seaford Road during drop-off and pickup times.
The line for student drop-off will be between 8:30-8:55 am.
Please communicate this new pattern to all adults who transport your children. We want to thank both Seaford Baptist Church and the YPSO for their assistance in this new traffic pattern.